Paraplanner, North Bristol
Our client in North Bristol is looking for a Paraplanner to join their growing team.
Purpose of the role
Skills and knowledge
- Excellent inter-personal skills, both written and verbal (with clients and team members).
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Quality management, to be accurate and have attention to detail.
- Excellent time management.
- A good level of competence with Office 365 to include Word, Excel and Outlook together with a good use of internet utilising various research websites.
- Detailed knowledge of the FCA’s rules and requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of the FCA’s and the firm’s record keeping requirements.
- Broad knowledge of the financial services sector.
- High level of technical knowledge.
- Diploma Qualified or significant progress towards reaching this.
- Keep up-to-date with new product, technical or legislative changes within the marketplace.
- Comply at all times with the firm’s Compliance; Training & Competence; Complaints and Data Security policies / procedures.
- To ensure that the firm’s clients are treated fairly at all times.
- To work as part of a team alongside the firm’s advisers and administrators to provide clients with a professional ongoing Financial Planning experience.
- To constantly seek to improve the way business is done through analysis, creativity, problem solving and change initiatives.
- To be results focused, getting the job done in an efficient way through effective time management, task and financial management.
- To demonstrate an attitude of “get it right first time”.
- To agree and achieve objectives, set at appraisal.
- To prepare and maintain client files
- Ensure reports are written in a timely and efficient manner.
- Check all paperwork / information is available to ensure that the client file meets the FCA’s rules and requirements.
- Discuss the client’s needs and objectives with the relevant adviser (where required).
- To maintain comprehensive files and filing systems in accordance with GDPR specifications.
- To prepare recommendations
- Undertake research to identify suitable solutions to meet the client’s needs and objectives (where required).
- Prepare information for analysis by the adviser (where required).
- Prepare draft recommendation report.
- Discuss draft recommendation report with the relevant adviser.Obtain ‘sign-off’ by the relevant adviser.
- To implement recommendations
- Prepare suitability reports in accordance with the agreed recommendations.
- Complete application / proposal forms (where required).
- Ensure all compliance paperwork is in order.
- Implement the chosen / agreed investment strategies.
- To undertake client reviews
- Act as main point of contact and deal effectively with queries from clients and other parties.
- Establish and build strong relationships with clients.
- If required, attend client meetings with adviser.
- Organise future planning meetings with clients, in accordance with agree timescales.
- Review investment portfolio, asset allocation, risk profile etc (where required).
- To be a strong team player, using your knowledge and experience to support other team members.
- To identify areas of opportunity for the team and business as a whole.
- To undertake special projects as and when requested.
- To ensure clear desk policy is maintained at all times