Paraplanner, London (NW-778)
Paraplanner role in North London
This business has been around for more than 30 years providing tailored financial solutions to their clients. With a strong, established track record they have built the firm on strong foundations, putting the clients’ and their financial interests at the heart of everything they do.
The company seek a Paraplanner to join the North London office, supporting the Financial Planners and leading a team of Administrators.
Skills and Knowledge
- Working knowledge of IO Software and Microsoft Office suite.
- Good IFA/Financial Services Experience of products, advice process and understanding of FCA regulatory framework.
- Knowledge and understanding of business and application processing in terms of protection, retirement planning and investment products
- Ability to create a Suitability Report from a template that is both professional and compliant. Good communication skills and report writing skills are required.
- 2 years + Experience working in an IFA Paraplanner/Senior Administrator position with a reputable IFA Practice.
- Hold the level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning (or close too)
- Preferred System Knowledge Intelligent Office Back Office System
- Research Skills/Software Knowledge: FE Analytics, O&M profiler, Defacto Engage, IRESS and CashCalc or equivalent Cash flow modelling.
- Training and development will be provided and supported to develop required knowledge and experience.
- To provide direct support to the Managing Director/IFAs of the Practice leading a Team of 4 Support Administrators. This will include preparing and researching for upcoming client meetings, assigning business transacted to administrators to process, prepare and issue respective Suitability Reports and ensure the business is recorded correctly on the back-office records and that a Review process is set in place.
- Working alongside the Administration Team, you will ensure compliance with the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and the relevant FCA rules at all times.
- Comply with the relevant Compliance, TCF, T&C and procedures of the firm, utilising support material and services
- Keep up to date with all relevant product, legislative and technical changes
- To provide support to our firm’s advisers in completing non-client facing tasks involved in preparing and administrating any recommendations being made to clients
- To ensure all client files are compliant on an ongoing basis
- Work closely with Managing Director to implement advice and recommendations, providing Suitability Reports and supporting file paperwork and research
- Work closely with admin team members and when required address team training needs
- Responsibility for overseeing the preparation for meetings and review packs in a timely fashion
- Liaise with clients, providers and other third parties to ensure tasks and cases are processed satisfactorily and in a timely manner
- Track and Monitor New Business Processing and recording on back office and Platforms
- Undertake sufficient product and market research for cases to compile and maintain compliant client research files. Update central research files on a regular basis
- Deal with queries, questions and technical issues from Advisers and/or clients i.e. top-slicing, carry forward calculations and income schedules
- Arrange and complete transactions on plans using relevant Platforms e.g. investment fund switches and withdrawals
- Assist with ad-hoc tasks and requests as they appear