Financial Planning Administrator/Paraplanner, Henley-on-Thames (JR-760)
Financial Planning Administrator/Paraplanner
The Financial Planning Administrator is expected to understand the role and objectives of the Chartered Financial Planner. Primarily the role will be to assist the Chartered Financial Planner to deliver the firm’s proposition to their existing and prospective clients.
This vital role involves the administration of the whole advisory process, from adding new business to the database through to dealing with valuations and quotes. A critical part of the role is liaising with product providers and clients so strong communication skills are crucial to success. You'll also be required to chase any documentation required from clients or providers, so you'll need to be tactful as well as persuasive.
The Financial Planning Administrator will undertake a wide range of duties which will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Preparation for all client meetings
- Preparing client valuations
- Help advisers with product research and information gathering
- Obtaining illustrations from Assureweb and product providers
- Processing new business applications and chasing them through to completion
- Dealing with existing business queries
- Producing annual client reviews
- Organise and maintain effective filing and communication systems in the office including client database management
- General office administration including distributing and logging post
- Liaising with clients by email, written correspondence, and telephone
- Attending client meetings with the principle adviser
- Edit marketing communications
- Maintain, update, and arrange email communications to clients via constant contact.
- Providing backup authorisation for client trades
- Report writing in conjunction with the paraplanning unit.
- Ensuring that the full capability of Intelliflo is maximised
- To achieve the Certificate in Paraplanning within agreed timescales and to commit to a longer-term objective of achieving Chartered Financial Planner status. Principally through self-study with assistance from the firm
- Comply with the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and the relevant FSA rules at all times
- Keep up to date with all relevant products, legislative and technical changes, as required
- Follow appropriate ethical standards within the firm at all times