Regional Operations Manager, Manchester (JR-599)
We are delighted to represent an award winning Financial Services business who operate on a national scale. As experts in Financial Advice, the business provide a top level of advice to both personal and corporate clients.
Financially stable with over 40 years trading history, the advisory team give their clients holistic advice from products across the entire UK financial services market.
We are keen to speak with experienced management professionals who are interested in an operational role within one of the UKs most well regarded Financial Services firms.
Based from the Manchester office, you will be responsible for the direct management of the Client Administration team whilst supporting several other branches. These branches include Birmingham, Sheffield, Liverpool, Leeds, Newcastle and Glasgow, and travel to each office will be essential.
- You will be required to manage, motivate and develop the support team on a day to day basis, ensuring that duties are provided efficiently, effectively and on-time on behalf of the firm’s advisers and clients of the business.
- With exceptional leadership skills, you will be responsible for leading the support team and building strong working relationships with Regional Managers, Technical Paraplanners and Financial Advisers.
- Being responsible for the day to day running of your own tieam and dealing with basic and complex issues (with support from the Head of Operations).
- Strategically working with Head of Operations to drive the branches forward to help achieve business objectives.
- You will be expected to operate within the strict FCA regulations and internal procedures and systems
Knowledge and Experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of a wide range of financial products, including employee benefits
- Good knowledge of regulatory requirements
- FPC qualified
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in an administration role within the financial services industry, with Corporate and Private Client experience
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience of managing a team of ‘Operations’ based staff
- Proven experience of carrying out 1:1 review meetings, performance appraisals and proven ability to effectively manage underperformance
- Experience of recruitment and people development
- Experience of working within defined service standards and procedures
- Good track record in delivering customer satisfaction
- Management experience in a Financial Services environment
- Permanent role, with a salary of £35,000 - £38,000
- 35 hours per week, between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday (1-hour lunch)
- Holiday 25 days’ holiday per year, with gradual increase for service within the business
- Up to 20% of basic salary on a range of flexible benefits
- Pension following completion of 3 months’ service
- Death in Service: Death in service benefit of 4 x basic salary
- The standard probationary period is 6 months