Practice Manager, London (CR-646)
Management opportunity with amazing benefits!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for this Chartered firm of Financial Planners that offer bespoke, tailored, independent Financial Advice to a range of clients.
Based in London, the business continues to expand since its exception more than 5 years ago, and seek to bring on a Practice Manager to the business.
As one of the top 5% of firms in terms of professionalism and qualifications, this presents an interesting role that would suit an individual with experience managing people, has been working in Financial Planning previously and keen to join a business where you can further develop your career.
The role is varied and covers the following responsibilities:
- Chair weekly meetings with the back-office support team and ensuring agendas are acted upon
- Assisting with new recruitment into the firm
- Embedding new starters with regular weekly meetings
- Assisting with payroll
- Oversee auto-enrolment contributions to ensure company pension plans are compliant with government standards
- Organise regular investment committee meetings for Pension and Investment teams
- Run quarterly board meetings as well as writing the agenda and minuting the meeting
- Compiling MI and KPI reports for financial advisers’ meetings twice a year
- Engagement with Compliance Consultants to keep up to date with regulation changes
- Remain aware of compliance duties, such as Gabriel returns, Data Protection certificates, FCA payments, Statements of Professional Standing etc.
- Update key documentation, such as suitability reports
- Prepare company documentation for annual compliance meetings
- Submitting files for quarterly compliance file checks
- Research and apply for PI insurance quotes
- Monitor CPD for all staff
- Complete anti-money laundering verification of identity checks on all clients
- Reconciling all fees and invoices paid into the business
- Monitoring invoices due to ensure on time payment
- Distributing payment splits to introducers where applicable
- Handling calls from clients
- Regular dialogue with Product Providers
- Distribute referral gifts
Other office duties
- Registration of Financial Advisers with product providers
- Scanning and copying of documentation
- Handling post
- Booking of meeting rooms for Financial Advisers
- Distributing quarterly newsletter to clients
- Adding data to back office system
- Maintain and replenish office supplies
- Resolve issues with printers, computers etc
- Resolving all issues with the IT systems, printer, office or meeting rooms etc.
About You, Essential experience and qualifications:
- 4 years relevant experience working in Financial Services
- A degree-level education and/or relevant industry qualifications
- Well organised with impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, ebgaging and professional telephone manner
- Time management and the ability to multi task
- A systematic and methodical approach to tasks
- IT literacy (advanced knowledge of Word and Excel and the ability to learn new software)
- Numeracy skills
- A hardworking and positive attitude
- Previous skills in bookkeeping or revenue reconciliation would be a distinct advantage
On completion of probation, you will receive the following:
- Annual exam allowance of £400
- Private Medical Insurance and Travel Insurance with Vitality Health
- Gym membership
- Pension scheme
- Annual team holidays abroad! Previous trips include skiing in Val Thorens and city trips to New York and Barcelona!